Avocado, Fennel & Goats Cheese Salad
- Organic Baby Salad leaves
- 1 Avocado, stone removed & sliced
- 1 fennel, sliced
- 1 cup Unsalted Goats Cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Handful of Watercress
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp Toasted Sesame Seeds/optional
- 1 tbsp Sunflower seeds
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- 1 tbs Umeboshi Vinegar
- 1/2 Lemon, squeezed juice
- X-Virgin Olive oil or Hemp Seed Oil (optional)
- In a large bowl, add washed salad leaves with watercress and fennel, gently add avocado & pour the dressing, squeeze of lemon including salt.
- Then gently fold through and serve topped with crumbled goats cheese, and seeds and serve.
In Ayurveda, it is recommended that raw food including salads not to be eaten in excess and should be eaten in the middle of the day where possible due to its dry and cold nature, hard to digest but the use of Umeboshi Vinegar as a dressing helps to partially cook the salad greens making them easier on the digestive system and very alkalizing to the body too.
Hemp Seed oil has such a distinct robust flavour & yet is so beneficial for the body. Has all the benefits of the essential fatty acids, that is the perfect ratio of Omega 3, 6, & 9 fatty acids, all vital for healthy circulation, cell growth and immune system.