- 2 -3 large tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp nigella seeds, also named Kalonji seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 8 -10 fresh curry leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 14 tsp asafoetida powder(hing)
- 3 large waxy potatoes Sebago, or Nicola diced into small cubes and blanched till al dente
- 3 cups cauliflower, cut into small florets and blanched till al dente
- Heat ghee over a moderate heat in a heavy based pan or non-stick wok. Add nigella and fennel seeds, wait 30 seconds before adding curry leaves and ginger. Next add the blanched potatoes, toss then add the cauliflower florets.
- Add the rest of spices, turmeric, asafoetida and stir thoroughly into the veggies. If drying out a little add more ghee for added moisture and finally salt to taste.
- Serve with Tomato & Cashew Coconut Rice, Broccolini cooked in ginger & sesame oil & Goats cheese, Fennel & watercress salad