- 1 medium beetroot, grated
- 1 tbsp ghee
- ½ – ¾ cup of organic cows or almond milk
- 1 tsp black chia seeds
- 1 tbsp currants or sultanas
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp jaggery or raw sugar
- 2 tbsp of almond meal
- Hemp seeds and sunflower seeds
- Hazelnut & pistachio nuts, crushed
- In a small pot over a moderate to low heat, melt ghee and add the grated beetroot and start cooking it slowly with a wooden spoon. After a few minutes add the milk slowly with the black chia seeds, currants, sugar and spice.
- Cook beetroot down for about 5 minutes, you want to cook the rawness out of it, then add the almond meal last and stir through. Serve in a bowl and top with a sprinkle of hemp and sunflower seeds and nuts. Can be served for breakfast or for dessert. Divine!