- 6 apples, choice of Jonathan, Gala or Golden Delicious (don’t use Granny Smith they are too sour for this recipe. I used Gala)
- 1 tbsp of ginger, finely grated
- Slice of lemon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of currants or raisins (optional)
- Peel and core apples, slice and dice into small pieces, then in a small saucepan add rest of ingredients with about 1/4 cup of water.
- Pop lid on saucepan and cook on low heat until apples are soft & tender. Let sit for a few minutes before serving, enjoy folks!
I just love this time of year bringing in warmth and cooking up something nourishing and seasonal which brings me to these gorgeous organic Gala apples 🍎 I picked up at my local organic shop @affordableorganics.
This recipe is great for breakfast on its own or with oats and even for a light dessert, you pick!
Let me know what you think folks, and stay tuned for further updates & recipes coming your way.