- 1 1/2 cups of unhomogenised organic milk
- 3 level tbsp of raggi* flour
- 1/4 tsp ghee
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tsp black chia seeds
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon & ground cardamom
- ¼ cup hot boiling water
- Maple syrup
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 2-3 crushed hazelnuts & 2 brazil nuts
- In a medium pot over low heat add milk, ghee with spices, black chia seeds and raisins. Spoon in the raggi flour and whisk till all blended.
- Gently continue to whisk on a simmering heat, trying to avoid any lumps, if gets too thick add some boiling water a few tablespoons at a time till you get like a custard like consistency. Be patient with this, it takes a while to come together.
- Keep whisking for around 10 minutes until you see the porridge thickening up & holding together. Spoon into bowl, pour over some maple syrup, sprinkle hemp seeds, crushed nuts and almond butter.
Serves 1-2, Gluten Free
* Raggi is a type of red millet. It’s iron rich & gluten free. Can be purchased at most Indian stores.