- ½ cup Rolled Oats
- 1 ½ cups of unhomogenised organic milk
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp raisins or currants
- ¼ small tsp of ground cardamom
- ¼ small tsp of ground turmeric
- A few threads of saffron
- ¼ tsp raw sugar or jaggery (optional)
- 2 -3 pitted prunes, sliced
- Pumpkin seeds
- In a medium pot over a moderate heat add the milk, oats, ghee, ginger, spices, currants and sugar. With a wooden spoon gently bring the oats to a slow boil, stirring all the time until porridge begins to thicken.
- Once thickening has begun, lower the heat continuing to stir for around 5 to 7 minutes, until oats are cooked, now add the prunes at this stage for final stir and serve in a bowl with a few pumpkin seeds for crunch.